1. Although a steamy, hot shower is tempting on these cold mornings, opt for a quick, lukewarm shower. Hot water depletes the skin’s natural oils leading to dryness and irritation.
2. Use gentle cleansers without harsh ingredients that can dry out your skin.
3. After showering, pat dry your skin and apply a thick cream while your skin is still damp.
4. Switch out your light face moisturizers for thicker, creamier formulas or consider adding a moisturizing night cream if you aren’t already using one.
5. Gently exfoliate the skin once a week. Sloughing the dead skin cells can help moisturizers penetrate better, but don’t over do it since over-exfoliation can overly dry the skin.
6. Turn down the heat and add a humidifier to your environment to keep moisture in the air.